Monday, May 11, 2009

OBP - Birdwalk on 10th May, 2009

Keeping my promise to myself to regularly attend birdwalks, I went with Delhi Bird group to OBP on 10th May (Second Sunday of each month is reserved for OBP). A detailed trip report is already posted on Delhibird group and therefore, I'll contend myself here by listing out the interesting birds for me.
Trip report - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delhibird/message/13456
I'll remember the trip for these --
  1. Ateesh waking up sooo early morning to accompany me on the trip. I would like to believe he enjoyed the trip except for the latter part when Sun came .
  2. Golden Oriole - Very beautiful bird and I was able to view it to my heart's content. This, just after I got to see it at Sanjay Van 4 days back.
  3. Painted Snipe - Lifer for me
  4. Yellow bellied prinia - Lifer for me. Again a very beautiful bird.
  5. Ruddy Breasted Crake - Lifer for me and an unexpected delightful find.
  6. Citrine Wagtails - Although common, the rich canary yellow colour almost formed a theme with Oriole, Prinia and then this yellow beauty.
  7. Spotted owlets - It's their home and they were so cooperative with all of us visitors, coming out to pose.
  8. Spot Billed Duck - This is the first time I saw it close enough to be able to photograph it though not a portrait type photograph but yet it's beautiful beak colors are visible in it.
I am hoping to catch up with more and more birds in months to come and hopefully by end of this year have a long list of lifers. I will count this year as Stage 1 for my Bird watching in which I hope to cover NCR and Sonepat if possible.

No comments: